INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLY: A paper City Application is REQUIRED to be considered for employment along with your Facebook Application. The City Application form can be found on our web page at www.neoshomo.org - you can also call City Hall for a copy. Phone: 417-451-8050.
CITY OF NEOSHO
PUBLIC WORKS SEASONAL LABOR- MOWING
The purpose of this position is to provide SEASONAL mowing in the Public Works Department.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives supervision from the Public Works Supervisor. Exercises no supervision.
EXAMPLES OF IMPORTANT RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES—Important responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintains streets, catch basins, storm drains, culverts, ditches.
- Operates power and hand tools to perform various public works maintenance duties.
- Removes trash and debris from ditches, right-of-way, city property and storm drains.
- Mows and trims ditches, right-of ways and city property.
- Trims trees over sidewalks and streets for pedestrian and vehicle clearance.
- Removes spill, debris, and litter from street right-of-ways, street medians, and other areas adjacent to City facilities.
Other Important Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintains city lawns, mows parks and streets, and trims trees.
- Inspects equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Adjust work schedule for emergency weather conditions.
- Perform a variety of semi-skilled maintenance, construction, and repair work in the area of work assigned.
- Operate a variety of vehicular and stationary mechanical equipment in a safe and effective manner.
- Perform a variety of manual tasks for extended periods of time and in unfavorable weather conditions.
- Perform heavy manual labor.
- Ability to regularly work in extreme temperatures such as heat or cold from working outside, along with exposure to moderate to loud noise from using mowers or other equipment.
- Bending, stooping, and Lifting up to 50 pounds frequently.
- Frequent exposure to fumes or airborne particles and/or vibrations.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations of the Public Works Department.
- Maintain effective audio-visual discrimination and perception needed for:
- Making observations
- Communicating with others
- Traveling to various work locations
- Operating and maintaining assigned equipment and vehicles
- Maintain mental capacity which permits:
- Making sound decisions and using good judgment
- Determining and avoiding dangerous situations
- Maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities which may include the following:
- Walking, standing, bending, or crouching for extended periods of time
- Lifting or moving moderate to heavy weights
- Working under harsh weather conditions
- Operating assigned equipment and vehicles
- Effectively handle a work environment and work conditions which involve:
- Exposure to dust and dirt
- Inclement weather conditions
- Working closely with others
- High levels of noise
- Confined spaces
- Chemical hazards
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING GUIDELINES
High School diploma or equivalent. Driver’s License.
Travel from site to site; field environment; exposure to noise, dust, grease, smoke, fumes, gases, odors, and inclement weather conditions; work around heavy construction equipment.
Essential and other important duties and responsibilities may require maintaining a physical condition necessary for walking, standing, bending, pushing, crawling, crouching, and lifting heavy objects for prolonged periods of time; and the operation of motorized equipment and vehicles.
Tools and Equipment
Tractors, mowers, and a variety of power and hand tools.
1. Must successfully complete pre-employment substance abuse testing.
2. Will be subject to random substance abuse testing.
3. Will be subject to background investigation.
Open Until Filled
Contact : Human Resources Department
Deadline for Applying : Apr 21, 2019 02:45 PM