GOLF COURSE BOARD
Chairman – Rex Budd
Vice Chairman – Dave Chandler
Secretary – Richard Clemons
Name Term Begin End Appointed
Richard Clemons 3 Yr 1/05/2021 7/31/2021 1/05/2021
Rex Budd 3 Yr 09/17/2019 7/31/2022 9/17/2019
Dave Chandler 3 Yr 08/01/2018 7/31/2021 7/17/2018
Carmin Allen 3 Yr 5/04/2021 7/31/2023 5/04/2021
Steve Hogan 3 Yr 8/1/2018 7/31/2022 7/17/2018
John Stephens 3 Yr 7/21/2020 7/31/2024 7/21/2020
Mike Swartz 3 Yr 1/05/2021 7/31/2023 1/05/2021
Richard Davidson, City Council Member Representative
Clark Rhoades, President of Men’s Neosho Golf Association
Senior Men’s Neosho Golf Association
Candace Raudenbush, President of Women’s Neosho Golf Association
Cross Reference Administration generally, Title I.
SECTION 125.040:ESTABLISHED PURPOSE
There is hereby established a Golf Course Committee for the purpose of guiding and directing the maintenance and development of the City Golf Course and related activities pertaining to such Golf Course. (Code 1962 §2-140; CC 1979 §20-26)
SECTION 125.050:COMPOSITION – OFFICERS RULES AND REGULATIONS
The Golf Course Committee shall be composed of the Presidents of the Men's, Women's, and Senior's Golf Associations and seven (7) additional members. The Committee shall elect from its members a Chairman, Vice-Chairman and a Secretary. The Committee may adopt rules and regulations for its organization and procedure as it may deem proper, not inconsistent with law, the provisions of this Code or other ordinances of the City. (Code 1962 §2-141; CC 1979 §20-27; Ord. No. 93-11 §§1, 2, 3-23-93)
SECTION 125.060:APPOINTMENT, QUALIFICATION AND TERM OF MEMBERS
1)Each member of the Golf Course Committee shall be appointed by the City Council. The members, after the original members, shall serve for three (3) years. In the event of a vacancy, a new member shall be appointed to fill such vacancy in the same manner and for the remainder of the unexpired term.
2)At least five (5) members shall be resident citizens at the time of their appointment. Two (2) members may or may not be citizens of Neosho, but must be residents of the State of Missouri.
(Code 1962 §2-142; CC 1979 §20-28; Ord. No. 92-41 §1, 9-15-92; Ord. No. 93-11 §§1, 3, 3-23-93; Ord. No. 65-2001 §1, 5-15-01)
SECTION 125.070:MEETINGS QUORUM
The Golf Course Committee shall hold regular meetings at such times and place as the Committee may determine, but such meetings shall be held no less often than every three (3) months. A quorum for all regular or special meetings shall be a simple majority.
(Code 1962 §2-143; CC 1979 §20-29)
SECTION 125.080:POWERS AND DUTIES GENERALLY
The Golf Course Committee shall have the power and duty to:
- Develop and recommend rules and regulations applicable to golf course activity at any City golf course within the confines of existing law, the provisions of this Code and other ordinances of the City.
- Develop and recommend plans for the growth and improvement of golf courses belonging to the City and for the administration of all City activities and undertakings conducted at such golf courses.
- Recommend charges and fees for the use of golf course facilities.
- Make recommendations for the employment and termination of employment of employees employed by the City at such golf courses.
- Administer all the affairs of golf courses of the City by and with the consent of the Council and the City Manager where such consent or approval is by law required, within the confines of existing law, the provisions of this Code and other ordinances of the City.
(CC 1962 §2-144; CC 1979 §20-30)
SECTION 125.090:RESPONSIBLE TO COUNCIL LIMITATION OF ACTIVITIES
The Golf Course Committee shall be responsible to the City Council and shall confine its activities to the duties specified in this Article. (Code 1962 §2-145; CC 1979 §20-31)
SECTION 125.100:EXPENDITURES, ETC.
The Golf Course Committee shall not and is not authorized to commit the City to any expenditure of money, nor shall it otherwise obligate the City without specific authority of the City Council. (Code 1962 §2-146; CC 1979 §20-32)