IOOF CEMETERY BOARD
FIVE (5) THREE YEAR TERMS
Chairman: Paul Richardson
Vice-Chairman: Robert Carter
Secretary: Donna Greer
Name Begin End Appointed
Robert Carter 02/18/2020 02/18/2023 02/18/2020
Don Arnce 7/20/2021 02/18/2022 7/20/2021
Karen Love 02/18/2020 02/18/2023 02/18/2020
Newton County Resident
Paul Richardson 02/18/2020 02/18/2022 02/18/2020
Newton County Resident
Donna Greer 03/03/2020 02/18/2022 03/03/2020
Neosho Newton County Library Genealogy Department
Ex Officio Members: Cheyenne Wright, City Clerk, and Charles Collinsworth, Councilman.
SECTION 125.260: ESTABLISHMENT & BOARD VOTING MEMBERSHIP
Voting membership shall consist of the following:
- The IOOF Cemetery Board is hereby established. The IOOF Cemetery Board shall consist of seven (7) members appointed by the City Council. Members shall serve without compensation for such service as board members. Every attempt should be made to establish a balance of representation among members and all board members shall have an interest in the IOOF Cemetery. Of the seven (7) members, five (5) shall be voting members and two (2) will be non-voting ex officio members. The Board shall be devised as follows: Two (2) members shall be citizens of the City of Neosho, Two (2) shall be citizens of Newton County, Missouri and if necessary and appropriate also citizens of the City of Neosho, One (1) shall be a member of Neosho Newton County Library Genealogy, One (1) ex-officio member shall be a City County Member confirmed by the City Council and One (1) shall be a City of Neosho employee confirmed by the City Council.
SECTION 125.265: MEETINGS QUORUM
The IOOF Cemetery Board shall hold regular meetings at such times and at such place as the Board may determine but such meetings shall be held no less often than every three (3) months. A quorum for all regular or special meetings shall be a simple majority.
SECTION 125.270: DUTIES) GENERALLY
The IOOF Cemetery Board shall have the following duties:
- To develop and recommend rules and regulations applicable to cemetery activity within the confines of existing Federal, State, County and City laws or ordinances and recommend additional laws or ordinances or revisions thereto.
- To represent the City in matters dealing with the IOOF Cemetery.
- To receive and screen all applications for maintenance and the running of the IOOF Cemetery and make recommendations to the City Manager or City Council as applicable.
- To set up for the taking of donations on Memorial Weekend.
SECTION 125.290: DUTIES& DELEGATION TO INDIVIDUAL MEMBERS
The IOOF Cemetery Board may delegate to its individual members such of the responsibilities and duties set forth in this Article as may be necessary to effectively carry out the responsibilities of the Board.
SECTION 125.300: EXPENDITURES
The IOOF Cemetery Board shall not commit the City to any expenditure of money nor shall it otherwise obligate the City without the specific authority of the City Council.
SECTION 125.310: RESPONSIBLE TO CITY COUNCIL, ETC.
The IOOF Cemetery Board shall be accountable to the City Council and shall confine its efforts to the maintenance of the IOOF Cemetery for the City and for the citizens of Neosho, as well as the families held therein.
SECTION 125.320: TERM OF OFFICETwo (2) of the initial members shall serve terms of Three (3) years, Two (2) of the initial members shall serve terms of Two (2) years, and One (1) of the initial members shall serve terms of One (1) year. Thereafter, the terms of office for members of the IOOF Cemetery Board shall be Three (3) years. Both Ex-Officio members shall serve at the pleasure of the City Council. Vacancies shall be filled for the unexpired terms only