CITY OF NEOSHO
NEOSHO MUNICIPAL POOL MANAGER
The purpose of this seasonal position is to oversee all functions of the Neosho Municipal Pool beginning Memorial Weekend Day through Labor Day. Job functions will include but not be limited to enforcing policies and procedures that ensure efficient and effective operation of pool facilities including supervision of pool staff. Duties involve swimming pool functions including first aid, scheduling for staff, janitorial duties, limited pool maintenance entailing daily pool cleaning, managing concession stand area, swim lessons, water aerobics and all other duties as necessary or required. This employee should demonstrate excellent organizational, communication, and leadership skills. This is a working supervisory position requiring weekend and holiday work.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives supervision from the Parks Director. Exercises supervision over all pool staff.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Prepare and report all work schedules for employees, maintain staff rotations and staff breaks.
- Ensure all lifeguards are certified by the American Red Cross in Life Saving and Water Safety as well as CPR, First Aid, and WSI.
- Maintain discipline at the swimming pool facility and supervises all staff enforcing staff policies and rules.
- Enforce the City of Neosho Swimming Pool rules and regulations to staff and public.
- Ensure pool is always properly maintained and ready for all scheduled events.
- Conduct training and safety meetings for all employees under his/her direct supervision.
- Track pool attendance and balance cash drawer.
- Track and order inventory as needed for daily operations.
- Handle first aid problems.
- Always presents professional appearance, attitude, and maintains a high standard of customer service.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and the general public.
- Ensure proper operating condition of all equipment.
- Document and report all disciplinary problems and accidents to the Parks and Rec Superintendent as necessary.
- Maintain a clean facility including but not limited to cleanliness of bathrooms, concession stand, inside and around pool area.
- Inform Parks and Rec Superintendent when supplies are needed and if equipment needs repaired.
- Check all gates and doors at closing time as well as drop pool vacuum nightly.
- Other duties as deemed necessary or as required.
Prefer candidates with two or more years of lifeguard experience including supervision of subordinate staff. Must have Lifeguard Training Certification, CPR, First Aid and WSI Certification. High School diploma/GED required.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have Lifeguard Training Certification, CPR, First Aid and WSI Certification.
- Experience in supervising staff.
- Pass a pre-employment physical skills evaluation as stipulated by the department.
- Communicate and problem solve efficiently and effectively with staff and the general public.
- Prepare routine administrative paperwork and take inventory.
- Act calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Prioritize daily work assignments and perform daily duties in the most efficient manner.
- Ability to bend, squat, kneel, reach, stretch, and climb without any difficulty.
- Stand for long periods of time.
- Will be subject to background investigation.
- Must successfully complete pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- Will be subject to random substance abuse testing.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Contact : Apply in person at City Hall or complete the Neosho City Hall Application by clicking the link and return to City Hall located at 203 E. Main St. in Neosho, MO.
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled