CITY OF NEOSHO
The purpose of this position is to oversee and maintain cemetery site preparation and plot organization while also providing helpful customer service and pleasant interactions with citizens. This position will also entail acting as a liaison to the IOOF board members when planning holiday events.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives supervision from the Parks Director.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Verify mapping and marking of plots.
- Investigate and respond to citizen complaints with the ability to communicate and problem solve efficiently and effectively.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with city officials, board members, and the general public.
- Enforce cemetery rules and regulations to the public.
- Monitors inventory and orders supplies when necessary.
- Assist and arrange for burials, simple cemetery and grave maintenance and upkeep as well as maintaining clean walkways.
- Prepare routine administrative paperwork and similar responsibilities.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- High School diploma/GED required.
- 1-3 years cemetery grounds maintenance experience
- A non-commercial pesticide applicators certificate is suggested but not required.
- Must possess a valid operator’s license.
- Prioritize daily work assignments and perform daily duties in the most efficient manner.
- Ability to bend, squat, kneel, reach, stretch, climb, and/or stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to work outside in all kinds of weather.
- Will be subject to background investigation.
- Must successfully complete pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- Will be subject to random substance abuse testing.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Contact : Apply in person at City Hall or complete the Neosho City Hall Application by clicking the link and return to City Hall located at 203 E. Main St. in Neosho, MO.
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled