CITY OF NEOSHO
GOLF COURSE LEAD GREENSKEEPER
Position: Lead Greenskeeper
Location: Neosho Golf Course
The purpose of this position is to assist the Golf Course Grounds Supervisor in the operations and supervision of the Neosho Municipal Golf Course in its entirety for the City of Neosho.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Reports to the Golf Course Grounds Supervisor. May exercise supervision over the Golf Course Greens part-time and seasonal employees.
EXAMPLES OF IMPORTANT RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES – Important responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Knowledge and experience to operate an 18 (eighteen) hole municipal golf course.
- Assist in training and maintaining a staff of professional employees to perform all duties that meet all requirements of the golf course greens.
- Assist in the planning and coordination of course maintenance of the greens, green specific aerification, seeding, fertilization, chemical applications, mowing, weed eating, tree trimming, upkeep of flower beds, hole/pin placement, cart paths, and irrigation system of entire golf course grounds.
- Project the needs for equipment, materials, and supplies. Provide support in the estimates and bids for machinery, equipment, golf course maintenance and contractor services.
- Uphold all safety regulations, policies, and procedures of the City of Neosho.
- The ability to uphold staffing requirements for effective and efficient business operations of the golf course.
- Methods for material and equipment safety precautions used in planning/maintaining operating an 18 (eighteen) hole municipal golf course.
- Proper maintenance of the golf course including seeding, fertilizing and chemical applications to ensure the stability and beauty of the course.
- Ensures equipment, machinery, tools, and supplies are properly inventoried and kept.
- Ensures adherence to established safety standards/procedures throughout the department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Coordinate multiple and complex goals simultaneously.
- Delegate authority and responsibility.
- Inspect golf course greens and facilities and recommend necessary changes.
- Make decisions on procedural and technical levels involving work of all subordinates.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrate excellent work ethic and integrity.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING GUIDELINES
High school diploma or equivalent required. One to three years of Golf Course Greens keeping experience and/or certifications or credentials in related field preferred.
Work is performed primarily in the outside environment amid normal conditions of dust, odors, fumes, noises, precipitation, and extreme temperatures.
Essential and other important responsibilities and duties require maintaining physical condition necessary for sitting, standing, lifting, and walking for prolonged periods of time.
Tools and Equipment
Industrial mowers and equipment.
- Will be subject to background investigation and physical.
- Must successfully complete pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- Will be subject to random substance abuse testing.
CITY OF NEOSHO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
How to Apply:
Visit our website at www.neoshomo.org to download an application and return to City Hall. Address: 203 E. Main St. Neosho, MO 64850. Only individuals who submit an employment application will be considered for the position. If you have questions or need assistance, call Human Resources at City Hall: 417-451-8050.
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled