CITY OF NEOSHO
Department: Parks & Recreation
Position: Maintenance Worker
Salary: $12/hr plus full benefits package
The purpose of this position is to maintain the parks, city facilities, and equipment for the City of Neosho.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Reports to the Parks and Recreation Director. Exercises no supervision.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Mows, weed eats, trims trees, remove debris, leaves, weeds, and limbs from parks.
- Plant, water, and maintain city gardens.
- Cleans and maintains the city restrooms.
- Installs and maintains facility machinery.
- Performs construction and remodeling for city facilities such as hanging drywall, electrical, plumbing, cutting, hanging trim, painting, and other carpentry assignments.
- Inspects downtown area around the square for cleanliness.
- Ensures that equipment, machinery, tools, and supplies are properly inventoried and maintained.
- Prepares pavilions and city parks for various scheduled events.
- Decorates the community for holidays.
- Provides traffic control during city parades and events.
- Prepares fields for sporting events.
- Performs custodial duties for city buildings and changes light bulbs.
- Performs maintenance for city swimming pool.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Basic maintenance procedures and safety.
- Landscaping techniques.
- Equipment operation.
- Operate a large mower, tree trimming equipment, weed eaters, pull trailers, and other necessary equipment.
- Adjust work schedule for emergency weather conditions.
- Perform a variety of semi-skilled maintenance and repair for the area of work assigned.
- Operate a variety of vehicular and stationary mechanical equipment in a safe and effective manner.
- Ability to perform heavy manual labor.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations.
- Ability to make observations, communicate well with others both verbally and written, travel to various work locations, and operate assigned equipment and vehicles.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING GUIDELINES
High School Diploma/GED or equivalent. Applicants must be 18 years of age to operate safety sensitive equipment.
Work is performed in exterior environments amid normal conditions of dust, dirt, odors, fumes, high levels of noise, traffic hazards, and harsh weather conditions including extreme temperatures.
- Walking, sitting, standing, bending, and crouching for prolonged periods of time.
- Lifting or moving moderate to heavy weights.
- Working under harsh weather conditions.
- Must possess visual depth perception, hearing, and mobility to such a degree as to not compromise safety rules or the safety of self/others while working.
Tools and Equipment
Tractor, trailers, tillers, chainsaws, sprayers, mowers, ladders, leaf blower, weed eaters, and a variety of power and hand tools.
- Will be subject to background investigation and possible consumer credit reporting investigation.
- Must successfully complete pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- Will be subject to random substance abuse testing.
CITY OF NEOSHO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Contact : How to Apply:
Visit our website at www.neoshomo.org to download an application and return to City Hall. Address: 203 E. Main St. Neosho, MO 64850. Only individuals who submit an employment application will be considered for the position. If you have questions or need assistance, call Human Resources at City Hall: 417-451-8050.
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled