CITY OF NEOSHO
WATER DISTRIBUTION MAINTENANCE WORKER
Position: Water Distribution Maintenance Worker
Location: Public Works
The purpose of this position is to provide a variety of maintenance services for the Water Distribution, and related facilities.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives supervision from the Public Works Supervisor or Water Supervisor. Exercises no supervision.
IMPORTANT RESPONSIBILTIES AND DUTIES—Important responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Assists the works crews with the repair of water mains, serviced lines, meters, and fire hydrants.
- Operates equipment and power/hand tools to perform various water maintenance duties.
- Installs new water mains, service lines, and meters.
- Cleans, oils, and performs minor preventative maintenance on tools and equipment.
- Keeps work areas clean and orderly.
- Performs snow removal details.
- Maintains vehicles and equipment by changing the oil and checking fluids.
- Inspects equipment.
- Street repairs
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Basic understanding of use of hand tools
- Pipe repairs
- Safety factors and the proper safety procedures.
- Heavy equipment operation.
- Adjust work schedule for emergency weather conditions.
- Perform a variety of semi-skilled maintenance, construction, and repair work in work assigned.
- Pour concrete.
- Operate a variety of vehicular and stationary mechanical equipment in a safe and effective manner.
- Perform a variety of manual tasks for extended periods of time and in unfavorable weather conditions.
- Perform heavy manual labor.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations of the Public Works Department.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Make sound decisions, use good judgment, and determining and avoiding dangerous situations.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING GUIDELINES
High School diploma or equivalent. Driver’s license is required. Class-B Commercial Driver’s License.
Travel from site to site; field environment; exposure to noise, dust, grease, smoke, fumes, gases, odors, and inclement weather conditions; work around heavy construction equipment.
Essential and other important duties and responsibilities may require maintaining a physical condition necessary for walking, standing, bending, pushing, crawling, crouching, and lifting heavy objects for prolonged periods of time, and the operation of motorized equipment and vehicles.
Tools and Equipment
Tractors, trucks, backhoes, skid loaders, dump trucks, locators, leak detectors, chop saws, rakes, shovels, jackhammers, and a variety of power and hand tools.
- Will be subject to background investigation and physical.
- Must successfully complete pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- Will be subject to random substance abuse testing.
CITY OF NEOSHO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
How to Apply:
Visit our website at www.neoshomo.org to download an application and return to City Hall. Address: 203 E. Main St. Neosho, MO 64850. Only individuals who submit an employment application will be considered for the position. If you have questions or need assistance, call Human Resources at City Hall: 417-451-8050.
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled